Benazir Income Support Program Jobs 2023
Benazir Income Support Program Jobs 2023 (BISP) require the administrations of qualified, exceptionally skilled and self-inspired Pakistani Nationals against the accompanying positions, absolutely on agreement premise, at first for a time of one year (extendable up to a greatest time of three years subject to palatable execution and prerequisites of the Program) Benazir Income Support Program Jobs
- Finance & Account Specialist
- Finance Management Specialist
Note: Benazir Income Support Program Jobs
BISP site ie: www.bisp.gov.pk
Ehsaas Program Jobs 2023 Benazir Income Support Program Jobs
- Terms of Reference for the Position of Finance & Account Specialist
ACA with minimum 5 years’ experience, or ACCA /CA finakst with minimum 10 years’ experience of Accounis/Financial Management. Articles with teputadle Chartered Accountant firms shall be preferred.
Must have hands on exporionce of preparing Financial Statements of large/complex organizations on Accrual basis preferred using IPSAS. Sound knowledge of ADB Financial Management Guidelines, Policy and Regulations. as well as retated insiructions,procedures and reporting requirements. Sound knowledge of AOB Financial Management Guidelines. Policy and Regulations, as well as retated instructions. Procedures and reporting requirements. Shoutd have excellent command on MS Office and hands on experience on implementation of comprehensive accounting software / ERP for preparation of financial
reporting will be an added advantage and will be given preference. Familiarity with Government structures, operations, and rules/procedures.
- TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR THE POSITION OF FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST (FMS)
1.1 Pakistan has shown sustained commitment towards poverty reduction. The Benazir Income Support Program (BISP) was launched in 2008 as the country’s primary social protection program and is one of the largest social protection programs in South Asia. The program has three primary objectives: a) enhance financial capacity of the poor and their dependents, b) formulate and implement comprehensive policies and targeted programs for the poor and vulnerable, and c) reduce poverty and promote equitable distribution of wealth, especially for low income groups.Benazir Income Support Program Jobs The program, which was supervised by the Ministry of Finance at inception, is now under the administrative domain of the newly set up Poverty Alleviation and Social Safety Division. BISP is a statutory body that is overseen by a Board and has 6 regional offices, 34 divisional offices, and 385 sub-divisional offices.
1.2. BISP’s primary operation is the Unconditional Cash Transfer (UCT) (the Kifaalat Program) which is paid exclusively to about 5 million beneficiary families (15% of the population). The UCT is meant to provide a financial cushion to mitigate negative effects of food and fuel inflation. In addition, BISP also implements a range of complementary programs including poverty targeting through the National SocioEconomic Registry (NSER), education-related CCTs (“Waseela-e-Taleem”). Benazir Income Support Program Jobs
1.3. The Asian Development Bank’s (ADB) initial support to BISP came through Accelerated Economic Transformation Programme (AETP). Currently ADB is extending its support through its Social Protection Development Project(SPDP)worth SDR 284million with Additional Financing of US$ 200 million. In addition to that ADB had also provided US$ 200 for Emergency Assistance for fighting against COVID-19 Pandemic.
2. Objective of the Assignment:
2.1 BISP intends to strengthen its Finance Wing through hiring of Financial Management Specialist under ADB funded projects. The Financial Management Specialist will work under the direct supervision of the Director (Financial Assurance). S/he shall also be responsible for Financial Management systems and practices being practiced at BISP, propose recommendations and suggestion to enhance efficiency in accounting process; provide support in development of accrual system of accounting and workflow in line with the requirements of the Public Financial Management Act, General Financial Rules, Financial Manual, ADB Project Financial Reporting guidelines. The Financial Management Specialist will ensure compliance with applicable Financial Rules for both Government of Pakistan and ADB. S/he will support improvements in the Financial Management processes and assist in the establishment, harmonization and improvement of Budgeting & Accounting policies and procedures, consistent with effective project management besides overall Financial Management. Benazir Income Support Program Jobs
3. Scope and Responsibilities:
3.1 The Financial Management Specialist will be assigned, following tasks:
· Ensure that entity financial statements are audited on annual basis within four months of close of financial year.
· Preparation of ADB projects’ annual financial statements on cash basis, for Certification Audit by office of the Auditor General of Pakistan
- Provide overall financial oversight of the project, including developing, guiding and directing financial management and accounting systems to support deployment of ADB funds – ensuring efficiency and effectiveness in the delivery of outputs required to achieve the objectives of the project;
· Ensure that accounting of resources received, reporting on receipt and use of expenditures is in compliance with the requirements of the Government and ADB;
· Make arrangements for audit of project funds and ensure that report produced is in compliance with audit requirements of the Government and ADB;
· Prepare monthly reconciliation statements for all bank accounts on a timely basis, including preparation of withdrawal applications, to ensure steady flow of funds needed;
· Manage financial aspects of the contracts under administration, including payment terms, purchase orders, variation orders.
- Preparation & consolidation of periodic/interim/mandatory financial progress reports as and when required and submission to the ADB& BISP Management for review and approval;
· To apply pre-audit checks on all payments to the service providers before disbursement out of the project’s funds
- Prepare/process Withdrawal Applications for the Project’s Special Account; and financial reporting in accordance with IPSAS and Donor guidelines; Benazir Income Support Program Jobs
· Maintain and update the project financial management system to track and report on project resources and expenditures, and generate the necessary reports;
- Ensure the compliance with international financial reporting standards and auditing requirements.
· Perform any other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and senior management.
4.1 The Financial Management Specialist will work under the direct supervision of Director (Financial Assurance).
5. Duration of the Contract:
5.1 The incumbent will be hired on contract basis for one year, with possibility of renewal pursuant to performance review. S/he will work on a full-time basis in the BISP office, with travel and work from the field, as required.
6. Qualifications and Experience
- ACA with minimum 5 years’ experience, or CMA / ACCA / CA finalist or Master Degree in Finance or Equivalent Qualification from HEC recognized institution/universities with minimum 10 years’ experience of Accounts/Financial Management. Articles with reputable Chartered Accountant firms shall be preferred. Benazir Income Support Program Jobs
· Must have hands on experience of preparing Financial Statements of large/complex organizations on Accrual basis preferred using IPSAS. Preference will be given to those candidates who have been working in public sector financial management in Pakistan, including in the context of social safety projects. Must be well versed of budgetary process in Pakistan. Benazir Income Support Program Jobs
· Experience of capacity building and training activities, implementation of development projects will be preferred.
· Excellent knowledge of relevant rules, international financial institutions and donor agencies.
· Sound knowledge of ADB Financial Management Guidelines, Policy and Regulations, as well as related instructions, procedures and reporting requirements.
· Should have an in-depth understanding of Financial Management Cycle.
· Proven ability to work in a collaborative, team environment.
· Should have excellent command on MS office and Accounting Software/ERP.
· Familiarity with Government structures, operations, and rules/procedures.
BISP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: BISP is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at BISP are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, gender, age, physical, mental or sensory disability Benazir Income Support Program Jobs