Agha Khan University Jobs The Aga Khan University (AKU) Is a pioneering institution of higher education whose missions to improve the quality of life in the developing world and beyond, through world-class teaching, research and healthcare delivery.
Agha Khan University Jobs 2022
AKU educates students for local and global leadership from campuses and teaching hospitals in six countries, primarily in Asia and Africa. It generates new knowledge to solve problems that affect millions of people, especially the most vulnerable. The University is a private, not-for-profit institution and partof the Aga Khan Development Network.
The AKU global network of libraries supports students and faculty in their study, teaching and research needs. Our collections include books, current journals, back files of journals educational reports, audio/visual aids, and digital media. We also provide access to online journals, books, and other resources. The University Archives is domiciled in the Office of the University Librarian.
- Developing and maintaining an effective records management system
- Providing reference assistance for archival and special collections materials, as needed
- Working with the Associate Vice Provost & University Librarian to develop external funding sources, including donations and grants
- Appraising archival collections kept as permanent records to determine the function, authenticity, and evidentiary value
- Master’s degree in Archives and Records Management, Library Studies, Information Science or equivalent
- Minimum 7-10 years’ experience of working in a University Archives or related environment
- Professional membership affiliation to the International Council of Archivists (ICA) or relevant national association
- Experience with digital tools, such as Archive Space, CONTENTdm, institutional repositories (IR) – Digital Commons, Photoshop, Portfolio, and a high level of familiarity with Microsoft Office products For detailed information about the role, please visit www.aku.edu/vacancies Deadline: Sunday, October 9, 2022.